UDE addresses the following issues:
- Lack of precise, rigorous, and continuous information about pedestrians’ behavior at intersection, streets, and squares.
- Errors in the data self-reported or provided by survey takers on site which add noise to the analysis.
- Difficulty to perform studies in non-conventional locations.
UDE proposes the following solutions:
- Using an objective, continuous, and scientific observer that can watch the whole public space: CCTV and live streaming cams.
- Implementation of an algorithm to the images for extracting all the information necessary to detect the problems affecting public space.
- Obtaining a study with an accuracy of 95% on pedestrian-based mobility that can measure anything visible.